czwartek, 18 grudnia 2014

Speak

            I have seen that movie long time ago and just came back to it recently again. I'm talking about "Speak" directed by Jessica Sharzer.

I remember that the first time I saw it I did not understand the movie so well. I just recall a lot of silence, which was a bit confusing concerning the title. Now however, I understand it very well.

Melinda (I reluctantly admit it - great Kristen Stewart) is a teenage girl and the main hero of the movie. We observe her and her strange behavior while the story unfolds. The more we watch the better idea we have about why she is the way she is. Because of the terrible experience she chooses not to speak. She claims that noone listens anyway.

I have not read the book (yet), but I liked the movie very much. Kristen Stewart has finally found the movie when her I-am-in-pain-all-the-time face seems to be a perfect fit. How come the more famous she gets the worst her acting becomes? Well, maybe she can appear only in a certain kind of movies :). Like trouble teenagers/women pictures.

I liked the quietness of the film. It speaks louder than any kind of dialogues. Through it we can see how lonely Melinda is, that she thinks weather to tell her secret to anyone, that she is trying to deal with it. Noone knows why she behaves strangely, her friends turn from her, her parents don't know what to do.

It made me feel sad and somewhat frustrated that people close to her were so obtuse. Maybe, however, we all are like that. We don't notice others and we don't listen after all.


Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz