czwartek, 27 grudnia 2012

World War Z

         After watching the movie I read somewhere that there is a book. The books title is: "World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War" written by Max Brooks in 2006.

          I was not quite sure if I wanted to read it (watching zombies is quite different than reading about them) but I liked the movie so I decided to give it a try. And I liked the book very, very much.

         The book gives an account of the people who survived the Zombie war and people who took active part in it. I was listening to an audiobook and was very impressed with the recording. In order to make the story more probable different people read their stories (with different accents according to the country  which they come from). The accounts of course give us an inside to how the war with Zombies was fought but they also give us a glimpse of the real world and the political situation now. The author smuggles opinions about politics, power, dictators, presidents and generally how the world operates today. Also in the individual stories there are accounts of bravery, cowardice, kindness and many other emotions and behaviors about ordinary people who were thrown into that strange war.

         I also liked different styles of the stories. The author changes his way of writing according to a person who tells his/ her part, wether it is a soldier, a bodyguard, a doctor or many others.

         It is a great book when we want to learn more about the best and worst in people when facing the most difficult times.


Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz